Why Shop Snow Hill First?
~From the Community Newsletter of Snow Hill Fall/Winter 2013-2014
As consumers, we have the power to shape our town. When we shop locally, we are saying "YES!" to a strong, vibrant economy that translates into a strong and vibrant community. It is up to all of us to make Snow Hill the best place to live on the Eastern Shore. Here are six reasons to shop locally:
1) Shopping locally creates jobs. Shops in Snow Hill create local employment, and these employees, in return, spend in the local economy.
2) Local shops contribute more to our community. Local businesses are more generous to schools, charities and events.
3) Shopping local saves money and is eco-friendly. Shopping in town means you save money by using less gasoline and using less gasoline helps to reduce our carbon footprint.
4) Shopping local offers unique choices! Snow Hill businesses offer shoppers unique products and services, and offer higher standards of customer service.
5) Local businesses build the support structure for other local businesses. Private and public sector services cluster around shops. As shops disappear so do hairdressers, banks, restaurants, etc.
6) Parking in town is a shorter walk than parking in many big box stores lots. Think about it, by the time you've found parking in a big box store, walked inside, walked the length of the store and back to your car again, you've gone twice the distance you might have walked by parking and shopping in town.
We can all work together to build a strong and vibrant shopping district in Snow Hill!
For our member directory click here
For more information about the town of Snow Hill visit: www.snowhillmd.com